There was a broken download link on the images page, I’ve corrected the issue and confirmed it is again working.
Some new tools have been uploaded by Klofkac. The first is an updated version of his Map and Mission Editor, it includes a variety of features (too many to mention here).
A new tool from Klofkac being uploaded here for the first time is the Tile Atribute Editor. This is a unique tool for editing TILEATR*.BIN files where tileset attributes are stored (where vehicles or infantry can or cannot pass, where you can build etc).
Cm_Blast has created another new Campaign mod titled “Butlerian Jihad”. This campaign allows the player to play as each of the major houses as they attempt to uncover the mystery of events transpiring around them.
Check out the mod page: https://d2kplus.com/butlerian-jihad-campaign/
Posted by gruntlord6
Cm_Blast has created a new Campaign mod titled “The Spacing Guild”. In it you explore the new concept of the Spacing Guild, a faction to which the numerous great houses owe a significant debt.
Check out the mod page: https://d2kplus.com/the-spacing-guild/
Posted by gruntlord6
We have completed our integration with the dune2k.com forum. Whenever a news post is created, a topic will automatically be created and posted to the forum containing the post content and a link to the article on D2K+. This provides a way for everyone to interact and discuss news as it develops. It also provides a way for the community to see new game content as it is added to the site.
What does this mean for you? D2K+ is now in the best position to host your content.
- Ultra Fast and reliable hosting
- Accurate download statistics displayed in real time
- Quick and streamlined file submission process
- Advertising of your submission on our front page and dune2k.com, as well as forum integration for supporting your content
- Revision management, each revision of your host is maintained and tracked separately
- File backup, content is 100% secured through offsite backup on a daily basis
- Ultra Fast download speeds, full access to content without any throttling
- Newest content is advertised on home page
- Content can be easily searched by keyword or sorted by download count
- Automatic virus scans, all content is verified 100% virus free
- All content is presented with screenshots and contact information, so you always get a preview of the content and a way to receive support if issues arise
Ultimately, we feel the platform should meet the needs of everyone, and will continue to improve as opportunities become available.
Posted by gruntlord6
We have migrated the new site design to the root domain (d2kplus.com). The old site has been moved the old.d2kplus.com, where it will remain in its current form for archival purposes.
We still plan on refining the site design to look more like the old site, this will happen in the next month or so. We have also opted to not enable full site SSL for the next few months to continue supporting Windows XP users, but this will eventually be enabled at a later date.
Ultimately, we hope the new site has everything you need to get the most out of your Dune experience. If you have any comments or concerns, we encourage you to let us know.
I have decided to give the site a new facelift. The main goal of this redesign was to make the site feel more modern and to make it easier to update and maintain. Some goals of the new system that were implemented already include:
- Automatic management of downloads
- Streamlined mod submission
- Streamlined contact form
- Dynamic menus
- Improved file and general site security
- Search functionality
- Standardization for post formatting
- Better support for news articles
- Improved download statistics
All of the above have been deployed and are currently working very well. Search functionality is particularly welcome, as it allows you to narrow down your search for content. For example, if I search for “Author: [aKa]FedaYkin”, I will get every mod with [aKa]FedaYkin mentioned in its description, which is very useful if I enjoyed his previous work and wanted to follow up on it. Mod submissions are also something I am glad to introduce, as it makes submitting new mods much more accessible, which in turn makes it more likely new content will be available on the site.
Some things that are not currently available, but I would like to add:
- Support for video subscriptions (Youtube made an API change that broke the old sites code)
- Online statistics via CnCNet
- Better CSS for improved site design
- Integration with the dune2k.com forum
The new site is currently being tested, you can visit it at the following URL: dev.d2kplus.com
The new site is still in development. With that in mind, it would be appreciated if you could report any issues you find with the new site at the contact page so that they can be fixed. The sooner issues are found and corrected the sooner we can switch to the new design. You can also feel free to let us know what you think about the new design, you input is greatly appreciated and is a great help in providing direction.